Monday, March 7, 2011

Civil War Blocks Updated

I seem to go in fits and spurts with these Civil War blocks. I have it in my head that they are easy, quick to accomplish, so I hold off doing them weekly. Then, it seems like I just turn around and behold! I have 3 or 4 that I need to get caught up on!

Earlier today I rectified that just a bit by completing 2 blocks.


This is called Lincoln's Platform. I wish the colors in the pic were truer - the flower is burgundy, and I think it looks sort of brown in this photo. I used some new fat quarters that I've recently bought, but right at the moment I couldn't even tell you what line they are from!

This block is called Birds in the Air. I love blue quilts. This might just be the inspiration for my to do a blue quilt.

Short post this time around . . . seems like life is calling extra loud today!

Happy Quilting, Friends!

2 comments:

  1. Great blocks, Jayne! I'm in a small group, and we're all supposed to make a quilt using churn dash blocks. Love yours with the busy background!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love, love, love your Lincoln's Platform block! Wonderful fabric choices and colors.

    ReplyDelete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!